Your OBS Ultimate Guide – How To Set Up OBS (Open Broadcaster Software)
If you are a Windows user, OBS is one of the most popular choices when it comes to streaming software. Most people levitate towards OBS purely for the fact that it is a free software (although you can donate to the project). If you are new to streaming, it can be a little daunting at first. But fear not! This guide will show you step by step how to set up OBS for Twitch and Mixer. Your stream will be up and running in no time!
Before you can do anything, you will need to give OBS the credentials to broadcast to your channel. There are a number of ways you can do this among a wide range of services, but for this particular guide, i will be covering Twitch and Mixer. First you will need to generate a stream key in your account settings through either Twitch or Mixer.
- Log in to your Twitch account
- Click on your avatar in the top right
- Select “Creator Dashboard” from the drop down menu
- Click the drop down menu in the top far left and select Preferences>Channel
- Under Stream Key, select “show“
- Log in to your Mixer account
- Click on your avatar
- Click broadcast dashboard
- Click the “copy” button next to the blurred box
Now that you have your stream key, you can enter it into OBS. This section will be relevent to any broadcasting service you choose to broadcast too.
- On OBS, click settings in the main window
- Select the stream tab from the menu
- In the service drop-down box, choose either Twitch, Mixer FTL, or Mixer RTMP (FTL is the best one to use).
4. Paste your stream key into the box labelled as such.
5. Click Apply.
OBS is now configured to stream to your channel! Never give your stream key to someone else, as it gives them the ability to broadcast anything using your channel. If you think someone may have got it, go into your account settings and regenerate a new one.
You can also check out our article on How To Stream On Twitch – Full Guide.
Below are some videos you can check out to customize your channel, such as adding your web cam, overlay, music, alerts and much more!
- How To Stream PS4 On Twitch
- Best FREE Twitch Bots For Your Stream – Top 5
- Best Twitch Panels In 2020 – Top 10
- Best Twitch Overlays In 2020 – Top 10
- How To Find Your Twitch Stream Key – April 2020
- Facebook Launch “Facebook Gaming” App
- Elgato Stream Deck XL Review
- Best Capture Card For PC Gaming — Top 5